Page Updated 23.05.18
Environmental DayOn Friday 18th May the whole school took part in an Environmental Day.
The day focused on helping the children understand the importance of reducing, reusing, recycling and the need to cut back on the amount of landfill we are creating. The classes produced some wonderful things by recycling and reusing some materials.
- Foundation created musical instruments
- Year One created planters and dragons
- Year Two created outfits from newspaper
- Year Three created settlements
- Year Four made bird feeders from plastic milk bottles
- Year Five used cardboard to create character mosaics
- Year Six created sea creatures after focusing on the plastic pollution in oceans.
Each class also did a litter pick in the school grounds and around the village and no one was allowed to use electricity.
It was a great day and the children learnt they need to play their part in looking after the planet.